As of exactly 1200 a.m. this morning I am a new Bub (this is what my nieces and nephews call me...I prefer it over Aunt Sam)! We have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of this little darling. Around 530 p.m. Friday night I was contacted by Tom ( my little brother for those that don't know) about labor questions, these calls put me on high alert. Tom and Beth did end up in the hospital Friday night just to be turned away because it was not yet full blown labor. The next day, around 10 a.m. my time I was texted with news that Beth's water had broken and they were back in the hospital! She was progressing nicely about a centimeter an hour and started pushing around 1115 p.m..
Let me stop there for just a minute and tell you that we were hoping for delivery on the 26th for a couple of silly reasons but reasons none the less. First, Vigne's (Samantha's family) has a long tradition of the lucky number 8. It was looking good for us when Beth was admitted to room number 8 where she would do her laboring and delivery as well as her stay postpartum. Secondly, Tom works for Marco Andretti who's number is 26. I don't know how the rest of the family actually feels about this but I thought it would be cool for Ashlyn to be born on the 26th that signifies where Tom was at at this point in his life.
So, with that said after pushing for about 40 minutes and the baby crowning, Beth's contractions STOPPED at 1156 p.m.. Then at 1159 p.m. Beth felt pressure and pushed...as the clock ticked (literally the second hand) midnight...Ashlyn Nicole Vigne was born! They were able to then choose what day her birthday would fall on and of course chose the 26th. She weighs in at 7 lbs. 8 0z. (which Tom predicted at the time of Beth's epidural...too bad he didn't put any money on it) and 21 inches long. Congrats! to you Tom and Beth and welcome to the world of parenthood! Good luck to you and call me with any questions, concerns or whatever you need. Can't wait to meet this special little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
What a great birth story! Congratulations Aunty!
Oh, I mean Bub!
Post a Comment