Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Worst Friday Morning EVER


Friday morning everything was going great right up until I got out of bed. Rachel and Carson had gotten themselves up for school for once and were actually dressed by 7:15 which for them is amazing. I finally got up and made breakfast (egg and cheese burritos, a kid favorite) and while I was sitting there eating with the kids and reading the paper ... out of nowhere pregnancy hit and I threw up all over the table. Carson rushed to get my Zophran (naseau medicine for chemo patients) and Rachel ran to get me a bowl so I had something to throw up in. Poor kids to know how to take care of Mom, but very sweet! Once we got that mess cleaned up we were back to the morning routine. I was then getting backpacks ready and turned from Olivia for an instant, she was sitting at the table in a chair, leaned forward just a little too much and SPLAT! right onto the tile ... with her mouth. I saw the whole thing out of the corner of my eye and tried to prevent it but in vain. I picked her up and there was blood everywhere ... you know those mouth injuries. So we packed up the kids and took the older two to school and off the the urgent care we went. After an hour and half there they determined that she did indeed need stitches but that she would need to be sedated due to her age and temperment and we were transferred to the ER. Thankfully the doctor there knew that she only needed to do one stitch and to sedate her would be an all day process and thought it would be best for everybody if we just held her down. So we did and 6 hours after we arrived and one stitch later we were free to go! Another day gone and I think they know Olivia by name there at the ER, never a position you want to be in!

Isn't that the most pathetic picture!

4 comments:

ALLRED FAMILY said...

Oh, poor baby!! Hope she gets better quickly!

Sorry your nausea is so bad. If you ever need anything, let me know!

Unknown said...

Hey that's a mug that only a mother could love!! :} She looked just fine this morning, she heals quick!

SaraBerry said...

That looks painful! So sorry. Congrats on the new baby! Sorry you are so sick. That part is never fun! Maybe Elijah will let me hold this one! See you in December!

Anonymous said...

Breaks my heart to see her like that! Maybe she'll be a doctor one day since she's been to see them so many times! ;-)