So, every summer Matt's sister Miriam and her family come to visit us here in Albuquerque. They are quite the outdoors couple and always have great adventures planned. My favorite so far was when they called and asked if the kids and I wanted to walk with them to get breakfast, I thought "sure, I have been running a lot, trying to train for this half-marathon, what is a little walk?" Well, turns out it was a 7 mile round trip walk to what turned out to be lunch by the time we got there. I thought my kids were going to die...in fact, Grandma came to save them at the restaurant and only Rachel braved the return trip home...on Uncle Nick's back! I wonder if they will ever invite us to do anything with them again!
Anyway, they always plan on going to the cabin in Alpine, AZ and that is one thing we all think is a great idea. We had a great time...we took hikes, the boys went fishing and were successful. Carson found a pet...such a great story it gets its own blog posting. Greg and Kristina were able to come as well, we had great bonding time late at night over the game Settlers of Catan. Never played before but I think we are all addicted now. The kids would wake up and just head right outside and play or hike until the sun went down again. It was a great weekend and we look forward to out next trip!
Nick, Matt and Greg after a morning at the lake
Olivia hitching a ride on Aunt Miriam's back
Carson the daredevil






No comments:
Post a Comment