Happy Thanksgiving to us! Yes, 2 nights before Thanksgiving Rachel, Carson and Matt were all home... sick. All these people had traveled from various states to come celebrate and we had the stomach flu, I was so upset that I was going to have to stay home with sick kids and miss the whole thing but they let us come anyway...I know Kristina at the very least paid dearly for that decision. I have yet to get it (and hoping it never comes). All in all it was a very fun weekend, lots of time with family we don't see very often. Some of us went to Old Town (which I returned home from with a black eye, dang car doors!) and the zoo.
Matt and his Uncle Barry were the masterminds behind this feast, when Matt found out Barry was raising his own turkeys he had to be in on that. They started planning at the begining of the year, and as the year went on more people chose to come until we ended up with Kristina's (Matt's mom) entire family, parents, siblings, neices and nephews, grandkids, everybody. It was wonderful. Greg and Kristina fretted a bit about where to put everybody and finally ended up enclosing their patio ( 10 days prior). It was a success, they had room for everybody and it ended up being a much needed roof because it was a very wet day.
Matt and Uncle Barry cooking in the rain. We had a turkey that was traditionally roasted in the oven, one that was deep fryed and one that was barbequed.
Miss Olive on her 1st Thanksgiving.
And finally to end the evening we had a good old fashioned arm wrestling match. It paired sister against sister, husband vs. wife, cousin vs. cousin, dad vs. son, mom vs. daughter, no one was spared. In the end Rachel was crowned the pee wee champ, cousin Claire the women's champ and Uncle Barry the overall champ.






2 comments:
Oh man, I'm so sad we didn't make it. Those turkeys sound like they were delicious, and the arm wrestling would have been worth it alone. Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves, despite the stomach flu!
How fun!!!
Post a Comment