As you can see, we have our work cut out for us in finishing the rest of this gorgeous home! We found out later that this house used to have garage doors, they were stolen. So, Matt (apparently pulling the short straw) has taken up residence on this property to protect the money that we have put into it... in an RV!
So, the above picture is what it looked like when we bought it on March 30, 2010. Today, it is looking more like this...
Stucco, tile roof and garage doors make a huge difference in the outside appearance of a home, as you can see. Also pictured, Matt's temporary home! Poor Matt, what a trooper though! We will keep you posted on the home as we move inside. I have some great decorating ideas, let's see if I can pull them off.
As you can probably tell, we are pretty excited to get in to our new home. It has been a very long road to get here and we have to thank Matt's parents for taking us in, what was supposed to be 28 days is now going on 6 months, with no real end in sight. My mom kept saying when I would call her telling her our plight "I just keep hoping that you will end up in your dream house and all this would be worth it" well I guess she was right! When we found this house it had only been on the market for 3 days, if we had settled on the first house (that we backed out of), we would have NEVER had this opportunity.






1 comment:
WooHoo. It's lovely! You didn't need Matt around anyway did you? Good thing he had an RV lying around!
Post a Comment