Well, it turns out we are not a very interesting family so it might be awhile between updates. This past weekend we went to see Grandma and Papa D in Prescott, they had not yet met Olivia. We left at 9 a.m. Friday and after a series of detours and an appliance delivery we finally made it to their house at 9 p.m. (doubling the normal drive time, fun with 4 small kids), but we made it. Sadly it was muddy outside and although Prescott has come a long way in 10 years or so, there is still not much to do there, which left to trying to contain kids inside a not so child friendly home. Then Monday we ventured out for what turned out to be a only and 8 hour drive. It may be awhile before we make that trip again.
Since we have been home, Carson, our genius child has decided that at the ripe old age of 4 that he is ready to read, he can read words such as mom, pat, hat, dog, cat, bag, seek, etc. He has always been bright yet he can always amaze me. He is also quite good at simple addition, he does it in his head faster than his sister can count on her fingers (Carson has Matt's brain and sadly I think Rachel has Sam's...at least where math is concerned!). It will be fun to watch Carson start kindergarten and see what he learns there.
This past Friday, Carson's preschool had a field trip the the Aquarium, and for the first time since having Olivia I decided to venture out with them. I took the three (Rachel was in school), not really sure what I was thinking since the field trip lasted 4 hours. But the kids, okay, the boys loved it, as you can see Olivia was pretty indifferent about the whole experience, maybe we will try again when she is a little older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Hi my friend!
Hey, next time you plan on making a trip to Prescott, let me know. It would be so fun to get our families together. I would love for my hubby to meet yours! Have I given you our blog address? If not it's:
thepeckfam.blogspot.com
Keep in touch!:)
Post a Comment